A group of 27 ‘promising and talented’ athletes have been selected for the Swim England Performance Squad for the 2021-22 season.
Betzy Wizard and Isabella Hindley are among those to be inducted into the squad for the first time, while swimmers such as Honey Osrin and Mia Slevin maintain their selection for another season.
Despite the challenges of the last 18 months, these 10 men and 17 women have been selected as a result of their performances in both national and international competitions over the last year.
They have also shown considerable potential ahead of what is bound to be an exciting three-year cycle to the next Olympic Games in Paris, which includes the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham next year.
Athletes in the squad will have the opportunity to compete abroad, including a choice of four international competitions in early 2022 to aid their preparations for the summer’s events.
A total of 34 English athletes on the British Swimming World Class Programme are also part of the Swim England Performance Squad for 2021-22 and have been included in an effort to create a ‘Team England’ feel ahead of next year’s Commonwealth Games.
‘Enhance their potential’
Grant Robins, Team England swimming leader for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games, said: “We are excited to be welcoming this cohort of talented and promising swimmers onto the Swim England Performance Squad.
“This element of the talent pathway is designed to enhance their potential and performance and help these swimmers develop their understanding of themselves, both as individuals and as athletes in the competition arena.
“The prospect of high-level international competition this season will provide an opportunity for the squad to showcase their learning and development.”
Swim England Performance Squad 2021-22
- Lilly Booker (Loughborough NC)
- Lewis Burras (Winchester)
- Greg Butler (Loughborough NC)
- Imogen Clark (Winchester)
- Elliott Clogg (Loughborough NC)
- Harry Constantine (Loughborough NC)
- Lauren Cox (Loughborough Uni)
- Leah Crisp (Bath NC)
- David Cumberlidge (Edinburgh Uni)
- Sophie Freeman (Plymouth)
- Chloe Golding, (City of Manchester Aquatics)
- Jakob Goodman (Loughborough Uni)
- Izzy Goodwin (Leeds)
- Jacob Greenow (Bath Uni)
- Candice Hall (Loughborough Uni)
- Holly Hibbott (Bath NC)
- Isabella Hindley (Bromley)
- Jay Lelliott (Sheffield)
- David Murphy (Loughborough NC)
- Honey Osrin (Loughborough Uni)
- Nick Pyle (Stirling Uni)
- Harriet Rogers (Newcastle)
- Ciara Schlosshan (Edinburgh Uni)
- Mia Slevin (Derventio)
- Luke Turley (Bath NC)
- Alicia Wilson (Guildford Swimming Club)
- Betsy Wizard (Northampton)